Re: possible goals for 'less technical doc'

I also like this idea (and would join a user facing tf if the group
creates one) - the main reason I think this would be a good idea is
that Peter's email to this list [1] with the list of new vocabulary
terms makes it much easier for some of us to understand the technical
documents - and sharing more info (and getting feedback) on what is
in OWL1.1 seems to me an important piece of gathering input - and
many people (including me) do not have the patience (or ability) to
work out all of this from the complex documents -- eventually I hope
we will have examples of the use of each feature, but till then, at
least knowing what the language comes out like is helpful in
understanding the technical stuff - at least to dummies like me
  -JH

On Oct 30, 2007, at 8:07 PM, Kashyap, Vipul wrote:

>> - to be readable by a wider audience than the other FPWDs
>> - to allow this wider audience to understand the intended
>> direction of
>> the WG
>> - to allow this wider audience to help adjust the direction of the WG
>> before we have done a lot of work as a WG
>
>> This would allow comments along the lines of:
>> - have you considered this other possible new feature?
>> - that feature looks like a lot of work, and the motivation looks
>> a bit
>> skimpy?
>> - is that feature really needed?
>
> [VK] This is great!
> Some key contributions could also be:
> - To convey the value proposition of OWL 1.1 in various usage
> scenarios
> - To help determine aspects of OWL 1.1 constructs that may not be
> useful or even
> disadvantageous in an operational context.
>
> ---Vipul
>

> The information transmitted in this electronic communication is
> intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and
> may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
> retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
> action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
> other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
> this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine
> at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.

it?." - Albert Einstein

Tetherless World Constellation Chair
Computer Science Dept