Re: OWL DL and OWL Full

From: <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:06:26 -0500 (EST)
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>Do you have anything you can point to so that the situation with respect
>to the startups and Oracle can be analyzed?  Even the information in the
>Oracle white paper
>(http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/semantic_technologies/pdf/semantic11g_dataint_twp.pdf)
>is extremely sketchy.  About the only thing that they say is that they
>do "efficient and scalable inferencing using major subsets of OWL".
>
>peter

I was on the line for Alan Wu's recent web talk on this for the Ontolog
Forum.  On slide 7 of [1] there is a list of OWL language constructs in
OWLPrime (the subset of OWL that 11G supports).  Alan Wu is now a member
of this working group so I expect more details will be forth coming.

- Evan

[1] http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/DatabaseAndOntology/2007-10-18_AlanWu/RDBMS-RDFS-OWL-InferenceEngine--AlanWu_20071018.pdf