ISSUE-46 (UIOs): REPORTED: 6.1-Unnamed Individual Restrictions

From: OWL <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:49:33 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-46 (UIOs): REPORTED: 6.1-Unnamed Individual Restrictions

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/

Raised by: Peter Patel-Schneider
On product:

6.1-Unnamed Individual Restrictions

The restrictions placed on b-nodes may limit the applicability of OWL DL to an unnecessarily restricted subset of RDF instance data, for which no such restrictions apply.

Specifically we request, that in Owl DL and Owl lite:

    * that a b-node representing an individual may be the object of more than one triple
    * that cycles of b-nodes representing individuals be allowed.

Name 	I6.1-UnnamedIndividualRestrictions
Raised By 	RDF Core
Date 	12 June 2003
Status 	Postponed.
Resolution 	The working group felt that the changes requested would minimally require a major rework of the direct semantics of OWL DL. (Section 3 of S&AS) and should be postponed.