Re: Publication proposal discussion summary

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:24:10 -0400
Cc: bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk, public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>

Peter,
   As I've stated before, WG review, discussion of the issues I and
others have raised, a better feel that the design that would add so
many new terms to OWL (almost double what is there now) is the right
way to go.  Ian and Alan have suggested a proposal to do just that
and thus I support it.  I think it is the correct way to go and would
take very strong convincing that any other direction makes sense at
this point.  Arguing hypotheticals about what would change my mind
seems useless to me, esp. when such a clear way ahead (matching so
well w/W3C practice) has been proposed.
  -JH

On Oct 24, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>
> Subject: Re: Publication proposal discussion summary
> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:30:21 -0400
>

>> [snip]
>>
>>> * Jim expressed opposition to the structural specification *per se*:
>>> 	<http://www.w3.org/mid/F9A27E86-A5E8-4D40-8E77-
>>> FE17CF9F0247@cs.rpi.edu>
>>>
>>> 	I'm unclear whether this means he objects to its publication for
>>> review.
>>
>> I object to its publication for review prior to further WG discussion
>> (for now that is "object" in the sense of don't agree, if pushed it
>> can become "object" in the WG sense, but I hope that won't be
>> necessary given that there seems to be support for the idea of more
>> internal review)
>
> What would cause you to lift this objection?  Suppose, for example,
> that
> no other WG member objected to publication.  Would that suffice to
> show
> that there has been sufficient discussion?
>
> [...]
>
>>    -Jim Hendler
>
> peter

it?." - Albert Einstein