Re: postponed issues

thanks Ian.
  Peter, fwiw, I think you're mostly right on those and that
basically we meet the charter requirement by moving these things to
issues, resolving the easy ones, and leaving the postponed ones as
postponed to the next group - however, occasionally we find some of
these "research" ones get resolved, so we should at least visit them
briefly and "dot that i" from our charter.
   Reopening closed but not really resolved issues is also a good
idea, but I'd say those most easily go through our regular issues
mechanism (whatever it may be)
  -JH

On Oct 23, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Ian Horrocks wrote:

> I agree that this wasn't very clear. I have added a "WebOnt
> postponed issues" item to the agenda.
>
> Ian
>

> On 23 Oct 2007, at 16:54, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
>> I thought that this was for re-opening closed-but-not-really-resolved
>> issues.  I didn't think that this held for truely postposed issues
>> (all
>> 10 of them) .
>>
>> peter
>>
>> PS:  For those of you who might want a quick run-down of the big 10,
>> here they are, along with my prognostication of their eventual
>> status:
>>
>> 3.2 Qualified Cardinality Restrictions		in OWL 1.1
>> 4.3 Structured Datatypes  			for new RDF WG
>> 4.4 Extra Logical Feature Set			in OWL 1.1
>> 4.8 Trust and Ontology	  			too hard - research needed
>> 5.4 OWL Quote 					insufficient rigour
>> 5.7 Range restrictions 				in OWL 1.1
>> 5.12 Entailing inconsistencies			much too hard - research needed
>> 5.25 Justifications				out of scope
>> 6.1 Unnamed Individual Restrictions		???
>> 6.2 Compound Keys      				too hard - research needed
>>

>> From: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
>> Subject: Re: postponed issues (was Re: Agenda for teleconference
>> Wednesday October 24, 2007)
>> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:23:20 +0100
>>

>>> We discussed this in the first teleconf [1] and agreed that, rather
>>> than migrating these (probably mostly irrelevant) issues, WG members
>>> who want to champion an issue from the WebOnt list should simply
>>> raise an appropriate new issue.
>>>
>>> Ian
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference.2007.10.10/
>>> Minutes