Re: cooling-off periods

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
> Subject: Re: cooling-off periods
> Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:41:13 +0100
>
>> Peter noted:
>>
>> 	PROPOSED: Publish Structural Specification, Formal Semantics,
>> 	RDF Mapping documents as first public WDs in the next few weeks
>> 	http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference.2007.10.24/Agenda
>>
>> I take Jim as opposing that proposal, and given the chairs' decision to
>> cancel the previous decision in this area, I would also oppose this
>
> Somehow I missed this decision of the chairs.  Could you or anyone else
> point to its source?

Looking, I can see this is partly interpretation:

In:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2007Oct/0123

Alan responded to my 0120, seconding Jim's 0110:

[[
Jeremy Carroll wrote:
 > The purpose of the process is to get consensus of the member
 > organizations participating in the WG. In this case, we seem to
 > have failed to achieve that, and I think we should void the
 > resolution.

I essentially agree with you.
]]

procedurally I took this as Jim objecting to the resolution on
procedural grounds, I seconded Jim's objection, and Alan agreed to the
objection. I note now that the record is less formal than that.

It would probably help if the chairs clarify whether the decision holds
or not.

Jeremy