Re: editing documents in a wiki

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:28:01 -0400
Cc: sandro@w3.org, public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
On Oct 22, 2007, at 3:16 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> I'm not keen on learning yet another macro language.  (I've just
> about finished mourning the loss of LaTeX macros when I'm working
> on W3C documents, and I'm not yet ready for re-marriage. :-)

The way I figure, any macro language is better than none, and HTML
has none. This makes the choice easier for me.
Here's the docs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Wikipedia:Template_namespace

Basically it is simple substitution, with each macro defined on it's
own wiki page. You write a macro call as
{{mymacro|arguments}} which gets the macro from the wiki page
Template:mymacro, substitutes the arguments for the parameters, and
leaves the result in place.

-Alan