Re: editing documents in a wiki

I find that editing a wiki is awkward at best and that it is not a good
tool for editing documents.  Furthermore, I have experienced refresh problems
with both the OWL wg wiki and the RIF wiki.  Reloading doesn't fix them.  This
makes it hard to even be sure one is viewing the latest or complete version of
something on the wiki, let alone trying to collaboratively edit something.

Sandro wrote in response to Peter:

>> If I can't easily extract the contents of a document section, move it to
>> another editor (EMACS), edit it there, and then update the document
>> section,
>
>Step 1: install the firefox extension "It's All Text":
>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4125
>
>There are also command-line tools for wiki download/upload, but I
>haven't tried them.

If this includes facilities for synchronization and update management then
this might be a solution.  I'll try it.

-Evan