Re: minutes for 17 October

Hi Jim,

It's important that your views on this be taking into account, so we
will make sure that happens. BTW, for my education, could you point
me to the relevant process documents. I'll point out that the only
decision made was to publish some version of these documents in time
to meet the heartbeat requirement. We postponed as a second issue
whether to do that any sooner. Do you object to the actual decision
that was made? I don't know exactly the date of heartbeat timeout.
Sandro, could you figure out the exact date?

Going forward, the problem I would like us to solve will be to figure
out how to make sure your input is considered when making decisions,
while at the same time avoiding a situation where members who are
attending the meetings don't feel like they can't make decisions
during the designated time.

I think it would be safe to bring concerns about process to Ian and I
rather than to the group as a whole, with the assurance that we take
this issue quite seriously and will figure out a way that works for
everyone. Actual discussion of the issue, of course, belongs on the
public list.

Regards,
Alan