introduction (in part)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:15:38 +0100
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org
CC: steve.battle@hp.com

Note - due to an oversight on my part, the appropriate paperwork
(particularly re intellectual property) has not yet been completed for
HP to join the working group. So formally I am observing, until the
administrative steps are complete, hopefully before the face to face.

===

My name is Jeremy Carroll, and I expect to be HP principal rep on this
working group, with Steve Battle acting as alternate.

I have previously been involved with several W3C WGs, most notably
WebOnt (editor of OWL Test Cases) and RDF Core (editor of RDF concepts).
I was also one of the authors of the named graphs paper.

I work as a researcher in HP labs, semantic web team. The team is
probably best known for the Jena Semantic Web Framework, on which I work.

In this WG, as in WebOnt, I expect to be flying the OWL Full flag, which
in this case, primarily is about ensuring that the new useful features
of OWL 1.1 do not undermine the OWL Full/OWL DL compatibility of OWL
1.0. On  the whole this does not look difficult, but some aspects will
require care.

Jeremy