Re: Publication schedule for first public working drafts

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:54:35 +0100
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: ewallace@cme.nist.gov

On Oct 17, 2007, at 11:23 PM, ewallace@cme.nist.gov wrote:

> Bijan wrote:
>
>> It was resolved at the last telecon that *by the first f2f*
[snip]
> The above is not what was resolved today.  It's similar, but here
> are the
> words of the resolution that I see on the IRC as Sandro captured them:
>
>   RESOLVED: Our first working drafts, to be published before the
>   3-month hearbeat, will be one: (1) Structural Specification,
>   (2) Semantics. We may include (3) RDF Mapping in this list.
>   These are based on the text for each of these at
>   http://www.webont.org/owl/1.1/
>
> Based on what Ian described at 'T' today, this resolution does not
> require
> that these be published prior to the 1st f2f.

Thanks for the correction. I conflated the 1st F2F with the heartbeat
deadline (there were several versions of this flying around..I should
have checked the minutes before posting). I meant "roughly" to
capture the optionality of the mapping.

I don't think this affects my arguments in any way. I guess I
personally regard the F2F as the absolute latest we should publish
these three as WD, and that as being rather late.