Re: Agenda for teleconference Wednesday October 17, 2007

On 16 Oct 2007, at 15:12, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> Master copy is at  http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference.
> 2007.10.17/Agenda
>
> Currently version is below. Please edit the wiki page it if you
> would like to add anything to the agenda.
[snip]
> ADMIN (10 min)
>   Roll call
>    Agenda amendments

Should we not decide whether to accept last week's minutes? Or will
that always be implicit in ADMIN unless we are talking about from
more than the last set?

> Charter review (20 min)
> Deliverables (15 min)
>   Wiki authorship policy
>   Publication schedule (Bijan)

I don't know why I'm parenthentically there. My personal publication
schedule is "slow and painful" :)

However, if people are not familiar with the W3C publication process,
it's worth reading the relevant section of the process document:

	http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#Reports

In particular, the section on maturity levels:

	http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#maturity-levels

And the advancement process:

	http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#rec-advance

The other important part is the so-called "heartbeat" requirement:

	http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#three-month-rule

I.e., we have to publish at least one working draft every three
months. I personally think this won't be a problem, but it's good to
keep it in mind.

>   Issues list
>   Document sub-groups
> Relationships to other W3C groups (10 min)
>   Choose contact persons
>    Semantic Web Coordination Group
>    Rule Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
>    Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
>    Semantic Web Education and Outreach Interest Group
>    Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group

Some of these things (above) are not like the others (below). (Well,
the first one is also not like the others...we already have some reps
from this group on the coordination group, i.e., the chairs.

>    XML Schema Working Group
>    Technical Architecture Group
>    Additional other business (5 min)

I think the schedule is a bit optimistic.