Re: Introductions

Hi everyone! this is Annie.

On the wiki my username is AnneCregan

I'm located in Sydney Australia (so the OWL telecon is on at 3am for
me!  Please forgive me if I don't always make it, or if I sound a bit
vague!)

My employer is NICTA (National Centre of Excellence for Information
and Communications Technology Australia), where I'm a Senior Research
Engineer.
My current day job at NICTA includes working on Situation Awareness
in a Military Domain, as a joint project with the DSTO (part of the
Australian Department of Defence). We are using Ontologies, DL
reasoning and FOL reasoning for information fusion.

I'm also affiliated with the University of New South Wales, where I'm
finishing my PhD in Semantic Technologies.   I've been following
OWL's evolution since 2003 and am a graduate of the European Semantic
Web Summer School 2005 (SSSW05).  Thomas Meyer, who is also in this
group, was my PhD co-supervisor before recently returning to South
Africa.

I've attended the last two OWLED workshops so you may have met me
there  :-)

I'm currently on the OWLCNL task force, helping to design a standard
Controlled English Syntax for OWL. I was responsible for starting
Sydney OWL Syntax after the need for an English syntax was identified
at OWLED2006.

I'm also interested in RIF and SPARQL interoperability with OWL, and
in extending OWL so it can do (even more) really cool things!

I'm also a member of the W3C's Uncertainty Reasoning Incubator Group
(URW3-XG)

Unfortunately I have to give my regrets for the first F2F.

Kind Regards,

Anne Cregan ("Annie")