Re: Introductions

Hi,

I am a Professor in the School of Computer Science in the University
of Manchester, and have been working on Description Logics since
1994.  I am interested in Description (and related) Logics, the
corresponding inference problems, their complexity, and decision
procedures for these problems. Together with Ian, I have worked on
the S-familiy of DLs (such as SHIF, SHOIN, or SROIQ).

You can find more information, incl. contact details, on my homepage
(http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~sattler/).

I hope that this working group will recommend a nice, well-understood
and good-to-use  Ontology Language.

I think I can contribute my insights into the effects of language
constructors on the complexity/practicability of reasoning problems
such as classification and query answering, and my cheerful disposition.

I plan to attend the first F2F and am looking forward to seeing you
all in fab Manchester.

Cheers, Uli

On 9 Oct 2007, at 15:13, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> This is a good time for members to start introducing themselves to
> the other members of  working group.
> The topics generally covered are:
>
>   -- a bio summarising experience you have that's relevant to the
> work of this group
>
>   -- as much contact info as you care to share on this public list
>
>   -- what you expect to get out of this WG
>
>   -- what you hope/expect to contribute.
>
> As we will be using a wiki to record information about the working
> group, it would be great if you could create an account on it and
> put your introduction there as well, or link to your post. Here's
> how: Go to http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/. At the top right click
> "Log in/ create account". On the next page click "Create an
> account". Use a "wiki name" as your login, a concatenation of your
> captialized first and last names, e.g. IanHorrocks. Once you have
> an account, click on your home page, which will be linked to on the
> topmost line of each page, and introduce yourself. Instructions on
> basic editing within the wiki are available at [1]. You can also
> add your page to the wiki participants page [2].
>
> Also, in your email, please indicate your intentions/expectations
> w.r.t. the first F2F meeting [3] by stating "Attending F2F" or
> "Regrets for F2F".
>
> Thanks!   I'm looking forward to talking to you on Wednesday and to
> meeting many of you in Manchester in December.
>
> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Wikitext_examples
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Participants
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2007Oct/
> 0004.html