Re: Introductions

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Subject: Introductions
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:13:52 -0400

> As we will be using a wiki to record information about the working
> group, it would be great if you could create an account on it and put
> your introduction there as well, or link to your post. Here's how: Go
> to http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/. At the top right click "Log in/
> create account". On the next page click "Create an account". Use a
> "wiki name" as your login, a concatenation of your captialized first
> and last names, e.g. IanHorrocks.

If you have a more complex name, you may have to do more than this.  I'm
not sure of the exact rules, but it should be safe to 1/ take your first
name, von-part, and surname, 2/ replace accented letters with their
unaccented representation or just remove the accent, 3/ remove the
non-alphabetic characters, 4/ capitalize the first letter plus any
letter after a space, and 5/ remove all spaces.  Thus my name gets
mangled into PeterPatelSchneider.

peter

PS:  The first time I used MediaWiki I had a hard time figuring out why
my username didn't work right.  However, there doesn't seem to be any
document telling users how to create their user name.