issues being discussed: REPORTED vs ACCEPTED

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:04:08 +0000
To: "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

I thought that we were following the convention that when an issue is
first added to the issues list it is "REPORTED", and discussion is
limited to clarification.

I believed that the chairs were gradually deciding which issues to mark
as "ACCEPTED" at which point more free-ranging discussion might take place.

If we have been following this convention it has been more followed in
the breach.

e.g. As far as I can see we have established that there are differences
of opinion about the metamodel and ISSUE-82 is, indeed, an issue.

I believe we have (informally) agreed that the editors will reflect this
appropriately in the appropriate document.

Until the chairs are happy to declare the issue fully open, by marking
it as ACCEPTED, I have been trying not to muddy the waters further by
making any comment.

(Obviously shortly after an issue has been raised it can be helpful for
some comments so we know who stands where, and roughly why ...)

Jeremy