Re: UFDTF Metamodeling Document

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:36:51 -0500 (EST)
To: conrad.bock@nist.gov
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

From: "Conrad Bock" <conrad.bock@nist.gov>
Subject: UFDTF Metamodeling Document
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:34:02 -0500

> UFDTF,
>
> Some comments about metamodeling in the user-facing documents:
>
>   - I would expect the draft metamodel document
>     (http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/MOF-Based_Metamodel) is part of the
>     user-facing documents, at a similar level and audience as the
>     reference manual.  It's important that this and the OMG's Ontology
>     Definition Metamodel for OWL are aligned, because OMG is perceived
>     as the primary source for MOF-based metamodels.

I'm assuming that you mean the OWL Metamodel in:

Ontology Definition Metamodel
OMG Adopted Specification
OMG Document Number: ptc/2007-09-09

I just took a look at that document and, frankly, it is so full of
inaccuracies that there is no reason whatsoever to align with it.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research