OWL 1.1 design goals

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:18:08 +0000
To: Boris Motik <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
CC: "'Web Ontology Language (OWL) Working Group WG'" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Boris Motik wrote:

> I would just like to point out that one of the design goals of OWL 1.1 DL was to clean up the
> specification and bring it closer to what OWL DL users and implementors are dealing with in practice.

This was very, very illuminating.

Is there a list of all such design goals, where can I find it?

It seems to me that if this is motivating much of the group, and it is
echoed by say Ian:

In fact the semantics of annotations in OWL DL and OWL full are already
different in practice: whatever the spec might say, all OWL DL
tools/systems that I am aware of treat annotations as being completely
void of semantics

which suggests that rather than maintaining alignment between DL and
Full, maybe this group is about formalising the differences ...

Are we doing couple counselling or divorce?