Re: ISSUE-3: REPORTED: Lack of anonymous individuals

From: Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:21:14 +0100 (CET)
To: gstoil@image.ece.ntua.gr
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, gstoil@image.ece.ntua.gr wrote:

> Hmmm. Interesting, but as it says this is a simulation of the universal
> role. And apparently a reflexive, symmetric and transitive super-role does
> not give you a total relation (as you said in your original mail). Does this
> have any impact on your technique on representing anonymous individuals?

No. The representation I mentioned only relies on having the universal
role available in existential and universal quantifiers. SROIQ has this.
On top of this, all that matters is that the algorithm is correct, but
not what precisely it does internally.

greetings,
 		Carsten

--
*      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU Dresden       *
*     Office phone:++49 351 46339171   mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de     *