Re: ISSUE-3: REPORTED: Lack of anonymous individuals

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, gstoil@image.ece.ntua.gr wrote:

>> But *do* allow it in existential and universal restrictions.
>
> Sorry but I don't see where the definition differentiates between
> SROIQ-QCR-concepts and SROIQ-valua/existential-concepts.
>
> For example, I don't see how the current algorithm could classify
> {a:\not \exists uprop.Self} as inconsistent.

I would have to look into the algorithm. Maybe Uli can comment on this.
On the other hand, I don't care too much about this point. We are not
formalizing this algorithm, we are designing OWL 1.1. And whether or not
it is in that particular algorithm, I keep up my claim that it is
technically not difficult. We should rather discuss whether we think
it is useful enough to be included. I do.

greetings,
 		Carsten

--
*      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU Dresden       *
*     Office phone:++49 351 46339171   mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de     *