Side issue: Table layout

From: Rinke Hoekstra <hoekstra@uva.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:42:08 +0100
To: OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Dear all,

I was looking at the FS/RDF mapping document...

[escapism-mode]
and the table-layout really started bothering me. In my opinion, the
fonts are slightly too big, the alignment is confusing and the borders
are so 1995!

Can't we use the 'wikitable' class table layout, which is standard on
wikipedia.org, or is there a W3 formatting guideline that prevents us
from using this layout on our wiki?

If we add the following style information (with perhaps minor changes)
to the wiki's style, we should get nice, clean tables such as [1]

/*****
** Table formatting
*****/
    table.wikitable,
    table.prettytable {
       margin:1em 1em 1em 0;
       background:#F9F9F9;
       border:1px #AAA solid;
       border-collapse:collapse;
       }

    table.wikitable th, table.wikitable td,
    table.prettytable th, table.prettytable td {
       border:1px #AAA solid;
       padding:0.2em;
       }

    table.wikitable th,
    table.prettytable th {
       background:#F2F2F2;
       text-align:center;
       }

    table.wikitable caption,
    table.prettytable caption {
       margin-left:inherit;
       margin-right:inherit;
       }

[/escapism-mode]

Best,

	Rinke

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Table#Multiplication_table
Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl   Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499    Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.nl/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,         Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,           PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,            The Netherlands