Re: Agenda requests: Issues we can decide?

On Nov 6, 2007, at 9:40 PM, Jim Hendler wrote:

> Bijan, can you let us know your reasons for these, esp number 8- if
> we can do keys, couldnt we do this by same mechanism?
sure
>> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/2 (easy yes)

AllDisjoint not being in the RDF mapping seems pretty clearly a bug.
What's the advantage of syntatic sugar that doesn't appear in the
only canonical exchange syntax?

>>    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/8 (easy no)

Putting data properties in property chains is like having *general*
(not "easy") keys. That is you have to do class description level
reasoning and we don't yet know how to do it.

DL Safe SWRL rules can give you such chains with arbitrary variable
patterns (indeed, this is how we do easykeys):
	http://code.google.com/p/owl1-1/wiki/EasyKeyProposal

For an understanding of the difference between dl safe swrl rules and
aribtrary swrl rules, see my blog post series:
	http://clarkparsia.com/weblog/category/semweb/rules/swrl/

Short answer...a lot of things are much easier if you restrict
yourself to operating on the explicit data.

(I'm hoping that, in coordination with the rif, if we make enough
progress, we can produce a spec for a DL Safe swrl rule extension to
OWL, but that's a future thing.)

>>    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/15 (easy yes)

I believe OWL 1.0 ontologies could lack a URI, so this seems to be a
big new restriction that's both unwarranted and causing user problems
	http://www.w3.org/mid/200711051043.51046.matthew.pocock@ncl.ac.uk

Hope this helps.