Re: Punning and the "properties for classes" use case (from public-owl-dev)

It still isn't clear to me why this is perceived to be a problem,
much less if/why there is an *actual* problem.

W.r.t. the perception, Alan has explained that punning involves no
change to the status of uris, just a pragmatically motivated
weakening of the semantics in the DL case and a consequent loss of
entailments. I would like to understand better if/why this doesn't
address the perception issue.

W.r.t. actual problems, I seem to recall someone (Jeremy?) saying
that they believed that punning would be problematical from the point
of view of the RDF mapping and/or Full semantics, but I don't recall
any details being provided. I would also like to know if there is any
more information on the (non-) existence of such problems.

Ian