RE: ISSUE-53 (Linear inequality between two data types): Need for arbitrary inequality conditions on two (or more) data types

From: Kashyap, Vipul <VKASHYAP1@PARTNERS.ORG>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 08:29:28 -0500
To: "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "OWL Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, "OWL Working Group Issue Tracker" <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>

> > This is in order to support descriptions such as
> > "objects whose width is greater than their height", where the
> > values of width and height are specified using two data properties.
> > In such definitions, the arity of the given data range must be
> > equal to the number of the given data properties.

[VK] Based on the above, I would presume that the following are supported:

X = Y
X > Y

What about X > Y + K, where K is a constant

What about the generalized inequality:

a*X + b*Y + c*Z + .... >= K,
where a, b, c, ..., K are constants?

---Vipul

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.