Re: comments on RDF mapping

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:57:25 +0000
Cc: "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, <rector@cs.man.ac.uk>
To: "Novacek, Vit" <vit.novacek@deri.org>

On 1 Nov 2007, at 16:41, Novacek, Vit wrote:

>> The question would be where adding specific properties to the OWL
>> spec is
>> appropriate

Yes.

>> versus those properties being defined in some standard ontology.

This is an alternative. If this group does it, it's a bit moot or
rather an implementation decision which way we go. But having a
better set of predefined annotation properties so tools can support
them specifically is a win, IMHO.

For example, we should look at what it takes to have a tighter
integration with SKOS (at the annotation level).

>> I don't know what the answer is. Would be interested in seeing the
>> list of
>> candidate properties...
>
> Good point - I'll consider this, try to list possible options
> (mainly within
> the motivation part of the would-be proposal), prepare some more
> concrete
> initial comments as soon as possible after I'll be back in the office
[snip]

Looking forward.