Re: Punning object and data properties

Evren Sirin wrote:

> Some time ago there was a discussion regarding the need (or lack there
> of) punning the same URI for both as an object and a data property.
> Another use case for this is representing arbitrary lists in the
> instance data.

>In
> addition, if punning built-in vocabulary (or at least rdf:List
> vocabuary) is allowed it would not be necessary to reinvent a new
> namespace.

Sorry I missed this when it was written, was drawn to it, by the OWL Dev
message.

This is a reasonable use case.

It is a pain on OWL 1.0 DL that you cannot use the built-in collection
vocab.

On the other hand it is a pain only for objects rather than literals,
since the rdf:parseType="Collection" syntax does not work for literals.

So, I don't think it is a huge loss to allow rdf:first and rdf:rest
vocab via punning in OWL 1.1 DL as ObjectProperties, and to still
require 'shadow' vocab for user collections of literals.

Jeremy