Re: Facts in DL-Lite [was Re: Major changes in Fragments Document]

From: Bernardo Cuenca Grau <Bernardo.Grau@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:28:19 +0000
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

- Regarding the following fact productions you added
>         sameIndividual := 'SameIndividual' '(' individualURI individualURI { individualURI } ')'
>         differentIndividuals := 'DifferentIndividuals' '(' individualURI individualURI { individualURI } ')'
> The DL-Lite work I'm familiar with uses the standard names assumption,
> and the above facts are not supported.  Understanding how one would
> extend DL-Lite like this is not straightforward for me, do you have a
> reference that discusses this?

As you appropriately point out, these facts are not explicitly mentioned
in the literature. In DL-Lite_R, however, it is not a problem to add
them: they are harmless because there is
no notion of equality in DL-Lite_R. I discussed this with Boris this
morning, but I can also double check with the authors of DL-Lite. In any
case, I  should probably add  a note about this in the document.