Re: [OWLWG-COMMENT] Example why current RDF mapping for QCRs might hurt OWL-1.1-Full

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:20:32 +0000
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.rpi.edu>
CC: Matthew Pocock <matthew.pocock@ncl.ac.uk>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, Owl Dev <public-owl-dev@w3.org>, Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, OWL Working Group WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Jim Hendler wrote:
> +1 to needing better discussion of reqs.  I don't however think there is
> a hidden agenda, I think the agendas are clear -JH

I didn't mean to suggest a hidden agenda in a negative way, more that
each participant in the WG speaks with different end-users of OWL, (both
directly and indirectly) who motivate us each to argue for what we argue
for.

Then an issue that I might express as "OWL Full compatibility" is
perhaps not entirely a technical issue, but more about supporting HP's
customer base ... and equally what might be expressed as 'decidability'
might actually be more about supporting certian bioscience customers.

i.e. we talk with our customers, we understand their needs in terms of
our theoretical constructs, we then rearticulate those needs to the WG,
but only in terms of the theoretical constructs, whereas the original
customer requirements might be revealing

Jeremy