Re: racer documentation

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:49:38 +0000
To: Carsten Lutz <clu@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de>
CC: "Web Ontology Language ((OWL)) Working Group WG" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Carsten Lutz wrote:
> Another issue is that Racer indeed does not allow multiplication,

That wasn't my reading ...

[[
if an attribute is declare to be of type real or integer it
is an error to use this attribute in terms for nonlinear polynoms. In
a similar way, currently, an attribute of type integer may not be used
in a term for a linear polynoms, either. If the coefficients are
integers, then cardinal (natural number, including 0) for the type of
attributes may be used in a linear polynom.
]]

seemed to be to say:

  non-linear polynomial => solve over complex numbers
  linear polynomial linear coefficients => solve over reals or over
natural numbers

but no support for linear programming over the integers (as opposed to
the naturals)

I don't have a copy of racer so can't experiment, but note that my
reading is at least a plausible reading.

Jeremy