RDF/XML serialization for anonymous inverse properties

From: Evren Sirin <evren@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 00:20:18 -0500
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

OWL 1.1 allows anonymous inverse properties to be used in axioms. For
example, one can write the assertion

    ObjectPropertyAssertion(InverseObjectProperty(property) subject object )

which is equivalent to

    ObjectPropertyAssertion(property object subject )

According to [1], the RDF/XML serialization of the first assertion will be

    subject _:p object .
    _:p owl11:inverseObjectPropertyExpression property .

which is not valid RDF because RDF does not allow bnodes in the
predicate position [2]. Is there something I'm missing? If not, I
believe disallowing anonymous inverses in ObjectPropertyAssertion would
solve the problem (and would not affect the expressivity).

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Mapping_to_RDF_Graphs
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-concepts-20040210/#section-triples