Links to implementation lists

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:42:19 +0000
To: OWL WG <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

The OWL 1.0 Guide:
	http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/

Contains in the Status section the following text:

"""A list of implementations is available."""

Where "implementations" is linked to the follow page:
	http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/impls

Which, in spite of the qualifications in the heading (which are not
reflected in the page title, btw) are fairly misleading, e.g.,:

"""Pellet is an OWL Lite reasoner in Java (complete owl lite
consistency checker Hendler/Parsia 15Sep)."""

Third hit for me:
	http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=pellet+owl
+lite&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Ah, this link is included in *all* (nearly all?) the documents
(because of boilerplate status sections). That seems very
undesirable. Indeed, I would love it if we could either update the
implementations page (and have some hope of continued updatedness),
or have the page radically trimmed with a "This page got so out of
date as to be seriously misleading. If you want access to the
historical page, see blah."