Re: ISSUE-47 (compound keys): REPORTED: 6.2-Compound Keys

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> In any case, there should probably be some explanation of why the issue
> is not being considered, and "no implementions" sounds acceptable to me.

I had hoped for a little bit more - four years ago when we postponed
this, we were told that work was being done in the area.

This feature is a feature that many of HP's users would like, and which
HP would be likely to support (in an OWL Full sort of way) if there was
an appropriate construct.

I note that relational databases have routinely supported a similar
functionality for decades.

So - please could someone summarize the current state of research on
this issue?

thanks

Jeremy