Re: ISSUE-47 (compound keys): REPORTED: 6.2-Compound Keys

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:32:42 +0000
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
CC: ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk, hendler@cs.rpi.edu, public-owl-wg@w3.org

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> In any case, there should probably be some explanation of why the issue
> is not being considered, and "no implementions" sounds acceptable to me.

I had hoped for a little bit more - four years ago when we postponed
this, we were told that work was being done in the area.

This feature is a feature that many of HP's users would like, and which
HP would be likely to support (in an OWL Full sort of way) if there was
an appropriate construct.

I note that relational databases have routinely supported a similar
functionality for decades.

So - please could someone summarize the current state of research on
this issue?

thanks

Jeremy