SILK context and thanks for replies to my question on translators from OWL 2 DL/Full to FOL

From: Benjamin Grosof <BenjaminG@vulcan.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 00:29:23 +0000
To: "Bijan Parsia (bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk)" <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, 'Michael Schneider' <schneid@fzi.de>, 'Chris Mungall' <cjmungall@lbl.gov>
CC: 'Mike Dean' <mdean@bbn.com>, "Michael Kifer (kifer@cs.sunysb.edu)" <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>, "'public-owl-dev@w3.org'" <public-owl-dev@w3.org>
Hi Bijan, Michael S, and Chris,
Thanks much for your very helpful replies to my question on the public-owl-dev@w3.org mailing list about translators from OWL 2 DL/Full to FOL.
It's great to have community colleagues like you guys!

We are thinking about how to support more of OWL 2 expressiveness in Vulcan's SILK [1].  The mapping from OWL to SILK is designed mainly in terms of FOL and the best way to implement it is via FOL if not directly as a visitor on the OWL 2 API or something similar.  One of our latest enhancements of SILK is complex formulas, discussed briefly in a RuleML-2011 invited talk [2] [3].
Best,
Benjamin

[1] http://silk.semwebcentral.org
[2] http://silk.semwebcentral.org/ruleml2011-abstract.txt
[3] http://silk.semwebcentral.org/talk-silk-ruleml2011.pdf

Benjamin Grosof, PhD -- Semantic Technologies.
Sr. Research Program Manager, Vulcan Inc.
Head of Project Halo Advanced Research (HalAR) program.