Re: question: translators from OWL 2 DL/Full to FOL

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:24:30 +0000
Cc: "'public-owl-dev@w3.org'" <public-owl-dev@w3.org>
To: Benjamin Grosof <BenjaminG@vulcan.com>
I thought the Kaon tools might do it but I see not obviously.

On 14 Jan 2012, at 00:08, Benjamin Grosof wrote:

> Iím looking for a tool that translates OWL 2 DL - or even better, OWL 2 Full, to FOL.

The former is fairly trivial, esp. if you don't care about staying in the 2 variable fragment and you aren't trying to encode annotations and the like. A visitor on the OWL API ontology object would be easy. A few dozen lines of prolog against Thea. Not a large XSLT. The only question is you output formate. KAON2 translates to FOL clauses internally, I believe.

The latter probably requires a bit of thought as the axiomization isn't standardized. Though there might be something related to:
	http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2032301