Re: Describing Trees in OWL?

Hi Stephan, I think we can get a rather good approximation of a tree
by saying the following:

hasChild is a subproperty of hasOffSpring

hasOffSpring is transitive

every offSpring of  the root node (i.e., an indiviual called root) has
at most one incoming hasChild edge
(you can also say this for everything in the universe - but that would
be a bit strong)

if a node has no incoming hasChild edge, then it is the root node

...now, if you want a (strict) binary tree you need to add further
cardinality restrictions on outgoing hasChild edges.

Cheers, Uli