Re: Conditional object property

From: Uli Sattler <sattler@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:18:38 +0000
Cc: "public-owl-dev@w3.org" <public-owl-dev@w3.org>
To: Florian Quadt <florian.quadt@h-brs.de>

On 12 Dec 2011, at 12:36, Florian Quadt wrote:

> Hi Uli,
>
> thank you very much for your solution!

Hi Florian,

> I wondered how I could implement your idea in Protegé. I managed to
> define the
> Is*T*ConnectedTo property in Protegé as property chain:
>> IsConnectedTo o isUpProp o IsConnectedTo subpropertyof isTConnectedTo
>
> How Do I enter your first axiom?

in Protege? Via the "General class axiom" view (it would have helped
if you'd left the context/axioms in...)

>> Switch and isUp subclassof isUpProp some self
>
> Do you consider "Switch" and "isUp" individuals or classes?

classes: I prefer to model an 'up switch' via  "Switch and
isUp" (rather than "Switch and isUp=false") - for a variety of reasons.

> What does the "some
> self" expression exactly mean?

...it's a new OWL 2 feature that describes all those elements that are
(in isUpProp some self) isUpProp-related to themselves.

Cheers, Uli