Re: Statements about Statements

On 28 Sep 2011, at 13:47, Dietze, Frank wrote:

> Hi all,
> is there a way to express in OWL "statements about statements", maybe by reifying statements like in RDF?
> Furthermore I can't find nothing about statements in Protégé (4.0).
> How can I model this issue, if it is possible somehow?

The canonical way is by using axiom annotations, either embedded in the axiom a la:

	http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-syntax/#Axioms

	SubClassOf( Annotation( rdfs:comment "Male people are people." ) a:Man a:Person )

You may also be able to use annotation assertions:
	http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-syntax/#Annotation_Axioms
but there you'd have to annotate your axioms with ids and maintain the synching yourself.

I made a quick video of how to do this in Protege:
	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-sAX5-_QI

Cheers,
Bijan.