Re: Colon symbol in URI?

On 08/13/2011 06:27 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM,  <zhutchok@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
>> rotege will convert smth:0000053 to
>> http://purl.obofoundry.org/obo/SMTH_0000353 (not to
>> http://purl.obofoundry.org/obo/SMTH:0000353).
>
> What is the namespace that "smth:" expands into - it is defined in the
> source file. I'd wager the file says
> <http://purl.obofoundry.org/obo/SMTH_>
>
> Protege is not doing any URI rewriting.

Sorry for putting it not clear: I did not mean Protege does URI rewriting,
just the default way Protege chooses URIs for the terms converted from OBO
flat file format. If I open an ontology encoded in OBO (for example, old
KiSAO ontology:
http://kisao.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kisao/tags/kisao-obo-1.0/kisao.obo
with term identifiers looking like kisao:0000000) in Protege (I use
Protege 4.1) and then save it as RDF/XML, then the identifiers of the
classes will be in the form http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/KISAO_0000000).

Anna