Re: Property vs. restriction

On Jul 15, 2011, at 4:54 AM, Dietze, Frank wrote:

> Hi,
> I try to model with OWL. My question is:
> Instead of using a restriction, do I get the same result by specifying a property with  specific domain and range?

Not sure what you mean by 'same result'. An OWL restriction is a class defined in terms of a property. For example, if hasFather is the property relating people to their fathers, then the restriction of hasFather to the class of American citizens is the class of all people whose father is an American citizen. No, you cannot define a class just using domain and range of a specified property.

Can you give an example to illustrate what it is you want to do?

Pat