Re: ANN: SPARQL-DL query engine for the OWL API

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:33:26 +0000
Cc: Thorsten Liebig <liebig@derivo.de>, "public-owl-dev@w3.org" <public-owl-dev@w3.org>
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Aha.

One thing I WOULD suggest is supporting normal BGP patterns as well, so as to have a compliant mode. This shouldn't be TOO huge an implementation burden relative to what you've done.

Then I would explain on the front page that you offer two syntaxes: Standard SPARQL BGP and a more OWL user friendly MSish based syntax. (It's not really MS syntax...my memory failed! :) That' the abstract syntax. A MS based one perhaps would be better since it would allow cnp between e.g., protege's DL Query tab and your implementation.)

I would suggest that we build an online converter between the two.

We should think a bit about the wire protocol issues and perhaps service descriptions.

In short, let's address whatever issues there are rather than create a new suite of issues by generating a new name!

Cheers,
Bian.