RE: ANN: SPARQL-DL query engine for the OWL API

Holger Knublauch wrote:

>Hi Thorsten (and others),
>
>have you considered that SPARQL-DL may not be a good name for a
>technology that has an entirely different syntax and semantics from
>SPARQL? When I looked at this, I expected to find a DL-friendly subset
>of SPARQL. But this is not what SPARQL-DL is.
>
>I believe there is enough confusion on the marketplace already. Why not
>call it something like OWL-QL?

Because there already is an "OWL QL" query language:

    <http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/projects/owl-ql/>

... and because there is now also an "OWL 2 QL" ontology language:

    <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-profiles-20091027/#OWL_2_QL>

Good names are rare and precious. ;-)

SCNR,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Information Process Engineering (IPE)