Re: A solution to integrate CWA into OWA.

Hi Dave, may I point out that your suggestion won't quite work, e.g.,
in cases where we know that

John is an instance of ((R some C) or (P some D))....

In particular, your proposal only works for so-called Horn Logics,
i.e., one where for each consistent ontology, we have a single
'canonical' model against which we can query. In general, we have to
consider numerous of those models....

As an alternative, I'd suggest to go with (2): extend DL-query with
(epistemic) 'Not2' so that we can distinguish e.g., between

- people who are known not to have any children and
- people who are not known to have any children.

As the above a clearly two different concepts, it should be acceptable
to have to different queries for them -- so as to not confuse them!

Cheers, Uli