Querying for individuals

From: Cristian Cocos <cristico@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:05:56 -0400
To: pellet-users@lists.owldl.com, public-owl-dev@w3.org
(By popular demand, I am posting this discussion on these lists.)

On 2/22/2011 0:55, Brandon Ibach wrote:
> Not necessarily.  Given OWL's open world assumption, just because an
> individual isn't asserted to be a member of B doesn't mean it isn't.
> In other words, in order for Pellet to return an individual for the
> "not B" query, it has to be able to prove that the individual is not a
> member of B.

Thanks for all the answers. I made the following experiment: I *defined*
the class B as being (equivalent to) owl:oneOf(list of all individuals
in B), yet querying with "not B" still doesn't give me what I want.
Isn't *that* supposed to give me the complementary of B?

Cristian Cocos
Post Doctoral Fellow
Centre for Logic and Information, StFX University 54B St. Mary's Street,
Antigonish NS, Canada B2G 2W5
Tel: + 1 (902) 867-4931, Fax: +1 (902) 867-1397

Current research: "Building Decision-Support Through Dynamic Workflow
Systems for Health Care"