Re: OWL2 serialized as JSON?

Hi Chris, All,

I have the feeling that you are going about this the wrong way round.
I would first write a compelling JS api to deal with OWL concepts. And
later if necessary design an optimized serialization format.

This will be better because
a) if you import someone elses OWL you can accept multiple
serializations. As the serialization to JS object model is independent
of the final API.
b) it makes it easier for developers like me to try it out. No need to
change server side code.

If you use serialization as your API.
a) You will need convert imported foreign OWL server side. Increasing
your load and maintenance problems in the future.
b) Potential users need to cross one more bridge before the can try your
API out.
c) Serialization as an API introduces hard limits to re-usability and
extendability.

Of course I understand if you need to meet your own needs first.

Regards,
Jerven