From: public-owl-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:public-owl-dev-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Bikash Gyawali
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 1:52 PM
To: Public Owl Mailing List
Subject: Fw: Reflexive properties in OWL

Hello All,

The specification of domain and range for any property doesn't act as
constraint.
It just acts as an axiom in OWL.
So, I am just creating properties (without specifying their domain and
roles). Later,I create restrictions on the property belonging to that
respective class.

However, I see a problem in reflexive properties.
The reflexive property is automatically being assigned to all classes
in the ontology. I don't want that to happen. When I create a reflexive
property,
I intend to act it so only for my particular class of choice.

With other types of properties, this is not a problem.
The reflexive property is "smarter" because it always knows its domain
and role beforehand. So, its getting attached to all classes in the
ontology.

How can I restrict the reflexive property to a particular class?

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Information Process Engineering (IPE)