Re: OWL 2 profiles

From: Cristian Cocos <cristi@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:46:40 -0400
To: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
Cc: public-owl-dev@w3.org
> But do not confuse the OWL 2 RL syntactic profile (which in fact is a
> syntactic fragment of OWL 2 DL) with the OWL 2 RL/RDF rules

Thank you. The RL profile I'm talking about is this:
http://goo.gl/PLXRe, which I assume is what you call "OWL 2 RL
syntactic profile," right?

> The syntax of OWL 2 Full is the RDF abstract syntax [1], i.e. any RDF graph
> is a valid OWL 2 Full ontology.

Thanks, though not being an RDF aficionado, it would help me more if
you used (the binary-relation restriction of) FOL as a term for
comparison. I seem to vaguely recall that via the reification
mechanism, RDF goes beyond FOL, hence OWL 2 Full also does that. Is
that true? If so, I'd be tempted to regard this as the most glaring
distinction b/w OWL 2 DL and OWL 2 Full.

Many thanks,