Re: class and inviduals

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:00:25 +0000
Cc: public-owl-dev@w3.org
To: Birte Glimm <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
On 21 Nov 2010, at 09:49, Birte Glimm wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am a bit lost in this longish discussion  for which I didn't yet
> check the whole history and I am on holiday at the moment with very
> limited internet access. It would be great if there was a more concise
> problem description, then I'll get back to it at the end of next week.

The first point is to confirm that your metamodelling approach *doesn't* support the canonical Hilog entailments.

That is, from:
	C sameAs D.

We do not get:
	C equvialent D.

My first guess is that we *do* get this at the metalevel (due to the MatSubClass axioms) assuming we can state that o_someclass sameAs o_someotherclass, but I don't see how we'd propagate that back down to the object level. Indeed, it seems to conflict with Theorem 1 of your paper.