RE: All humans love (all) cats

From: Cristian Cocos <cristi@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 12:12:09 -0300
To: <public-owl-dev@w3.org>
I'm having trouble again with the cats. Please help!

Here are the class and property restrictions in my ontology (following
Markus' suggestions):

Classes: PatientDemographicData (containing a bunch of members),
Properties: hasReadAccessTo (with inverse readAccessibleBy)

I want to say that all members of ClearanceLevel1Role have read access to
all (members of) PatientDemographicData.

Following Markus' suggestion, I added a dummy individual (AnIndividual) in
the root of "Thing," and two properties pClearanceLevel1Role and

The class/property restrictions are (in Manchester syntax):

ClearanceLevel1Role EquivalentTo pClearanceLevel1Role value AnIndividual
PatientDemographicData EquivalentTo pPatientDemographicData value
pClearanceLevel1Role o inverse (pPatientDemographicData) SubPropertyOf

If I now query the ontology with "readAccessibleBy some ClearanceLevel1Role"
I get nothing (i.e. "No results"). No reasoner gives me any result. That
should return all the members of PatientDemographicData, right?

Many thanks,

Cristian Cocos
Post Doctoral Fellow
Centre for Logic and Information, StFX University 54B St. Mary's Street,
Antigonish NS, Canada B2G 2W5
Tel: + 1 (902) 867-4931, Fax: +1 (902) 867-1397

Current research: "Building Decision-Support Through Dynamic Workflow
Systems for Health Care"