Re: ontology for rough set theory

> 4. Hermit looks interesting - at present, it looks like Hermit and Protege
> are mutually exclusive choices for me?  That is, from what have  seen on the
> list , OWL ontologies that include DL Safe Rules cannot be opened in  P4?
>  And property-chains are not compatible with P3 or Hermit 0.9.x, right?   So
> if I go with Hermit and use both property chains and DL Safe rules, then the
> ontology can only be opened in stand-alone Hermit 1.x? (These are all
> questions, I may have drawn wrong conclusions from what I read).

Tara, I am not sure whether Protege supports DL safe rules or not. You
could download the custom compiled Protege 4.1 that comes with HermiT
as a plug-in from HermiT's website (http://www.hermit-reasoner.com)
and give it a try. The HermiT 0.9.x versions do neither support DL
safe rules nor property chains. We hope that Protege 4.1 is soon
officially released because all 1.x versions of HermiT use the OWL API
3, which provides full OWL 2 support.
Best regards,
Birte Glimm

--