regarding the issue in building ontology.

From: revathy krishnamurthi <revathi201285@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:49:10 +0530
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org
Right now we are trying to build a ontology as a team and we find class
inference is the problem, when we merge two ontologies.
For instance X1 and X2 are two classes and Y1 ,Z1 are subclass of X1, Y2,Z2
are subclasses of X2, and Z2 has data of Z1, what is the inference of Z2
with X1? (Actually Z2 should also be inferred as member of X1!!!!, which we
are not getting.)
how to solve this issue, especially when two ontologies are merged that has
connectivity in between?(Assume X1 and X2 are different ontologies.) and at
this level we are using rdf, rdfs and skos to begin.

expecting a solution for the better understanding of ontology development.

--
Regards,
Revathy Krishnamurthi,